Basic Script Formatting
There are three bodies of a script: Headings, narrative and dialogue. Each of these has three points to remember.
1. Master scene headings which include:
a) Camera location - EXT. (exterior or outside) or INT. (interior or inside)
b) Scene location (LOCAL RACE TRACK)
c) Time (DAY or NIGHT)
2. Secondary scene heading
3. “Special headings” for things such as montages, dream sequences, flashbacks, flash forwards, etc.
2. Character and settings (visual)
1. The name of the person speaking appears at the top, in CAPS.
2. The actors direction (AKA parenthetical or wryly). Try to avoid these as much as possible. Both the director and actor will appreciate it.
3. The speech.
Putting all this together you should come up with something that looks like this: